Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Little Ears are Always Listening

Little ears are always listening.
Sunday during Church as the preacher spoke, Cottonboll was doing her usual thing. Playing quietly with a stuff toy and writing on piece a paper with her back to the preacher. ( yes standing with her back to the preacher, but QUIET).

Tuesday night I was looking up the Bible verse the preacher spoke about. Cottonball ask me what I was doing. I said I was looking up the Bible story the preacher talked about Sunday. What is a preacher she asked. I said the guy who was telling the Bible story Sunday at Church. Oh she said, the one about Jesus walking on water and the guy got out of the boat and walk toward him. Then he took his eyes of Jesus and his feet begin to sink. Yes I said with mouth dropping to the floor.

Matthew 14:22-34

We continued to discuss the Bible story and what the story meant to me and her. Of course after Cottondust was home I could not wait to tell him about our little ears. Cottonboll had understood, remembered and absorbed a sermon for adults.


So I guess the point of this post is little ears are always listening to the words they need to hear and of course the stuff we don't want them to hear. Little sponges. God is everywhere in little and big hearts.

No comments: